With technology peaking now-a-days it is hard to follow the latest and greatest exercises in general. But then we come to find out that golfers can do specific moves to help improve their game. These basic moves will help you feel in control and strong when you hit the course. No need for an expensive trainer or crazy equipment, these four moves will for sure be your new go to.
Outcome: Increase strength for swing
- Lie on your back with your heels on something elevated, like a table, and make sure your toes are pointed to the ceiling.
- Squeeze your buns and raise your back off of the ground.
- Extend you arms out with palms facing up.
Outcome: teaches you how to stabilize body while in motion.
- Lie on your side resting on only your forearm and side of your foot.
- Hold for 30 seconds at a time and then repeat.
Dumbbell Twist on Stability Ball
Outcome: Improves control of swing
- Lie with your back on the large ball and hold one dumbbell with both hands and your arms extended.
- Twist to each side while still balancing on the ball while squeezing your abs.
Bulgarian Split Squats
Outcome: Increase leg and glute muscles while teaching contol and balance.
- Place your toes on a bench behind you.
- Move your other leg forward.
- Try and bring your knee towards the ground while keeping your balance.